1 – What Does Islam Say About The Dajjal (Anti-Christ)?
The Dajjal (Anti-Christ) is not mentioned by name in the Quran directly, but does contain verses pertaining to events and prophecies similar to those mentioned in more detail in the Hadith Collections. So first, I’d like to mention that the Hadith is a commentary collection from scholars whom were in the company of the Blessed Prophet – Hz. Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w – sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam). The Hadith is regarded as a credible source to accompany and verify the Holy Qur’an, and is considered an important resource for determining the Muslim way of life (the Sunnah). As such, in the Sunni canon, these are some of the main Hadith collections that are used and trusted the most (but not limited to):
- Sahih Bukhari
- Sahih Muslim
- Sunan Abi-Dawud
- Sunan al-Tirmidhi
- Sunan al-Sughra
- Sunan Ibn Malik
The Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim are the most relied upon of the collections. There are some other collections, of which some are not considered sound (sahih) or good (hasan) enough.
The University of Southern California has compiled an excellent Compendium of Muslim Texts and has a database which can be accessed using a search box for particular verses & keywords within the Qur’an and the Hadith. As such, I will cite the verses contained (as is) in the U.S.C. Compendium (as well as others) as my source for any references used in my posts under “My Thoughts On OneEye”. Due to the size of this file, I have compiled the posts into sub-chapters, in order to minimize resources:
- 1.1 – Definition of “Dajjal” in Islam
- 1.2 – Warnings from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
- 1.3 – Dajjal’s physical and characteristic nature
- 1.4 – Narrations about Ibn-Sayyad accused of being the Dajjal
- 1.5 – The Dajjal’s fitnah (schism, secession, upheaval and anarchy)
- 1.6 – Places where the Dajjal will not be able to enter
- 1.7 – Signs before the appearance of the Dajjal and the End Times
- 1.8 – Protection, refuge and the fight against the trials of the Dajjal
- 1.9 – The end of anarchy and death of the Dajjal
There are many more verses pertaining to the Dajjal and the End Times, but this will be published in further chapters.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.